Comedian and actor Kevin Hart is enjoying a great run of success. Between his stand up movies like Laugh At My Pain, Ford commercials and even a rom-com Think Like A Man, you’d think he could do no wrong. But in this interview with The Breakfast club he talks about how much rejection he’s suffered on the way to critical acclaim.
“I’ve been a part of six or seven canceled TV shows,” he says. “My shows have been canceled so violently. I remember ABC picked up my show called “The Big House.” They told me the show was picked up and flew me out to the upfronts to announce the fall season. I was creator, executive producer…I was gettin’ all kinds of checks so I flew the cast with me..It wasn’t about me, I had a cast. I got my suit on, they about to go live on TV, I get ready to step out and this white guy with a head set put his hand on my chest and said ‘Mr. Hart they’re not picking it up, move to the side. Somebody will come to out to explain it to you. We’ll pay for your flight back.’ I said what about my cast? And they said ‘we didn’t bring them.'”
He also discusses the friendly “beef” with Mike Epps on Twitter .
“Oh man I killed Mike. It was fun. That’s why my dumb ass put my number on Twitter trying to DM him. I got 69,000 missed calls. It’s all in fun. It’s never malicious. Mike will jones all day. I don’t think that I have haters and if I did I don’t wanna know.”
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Kevin Hart On Twitter Beef And Canceled Sitcoms
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie