Diva songstress Whitney Houston is reportedly penniless, after running though a $100-million record deal. The 48-year-old former crack addict is now being supported by her record company, Arista, who has given her an advance off her next album project, according to a source who spoke with RadarOnline.
Whitney’s fortune is gone,” the source said. “Music industry heavy hitters are supporting her and her label is fronting her cash against her next album, but no one knows when that will be released. She might be homeless if not for people saving her. She is as broke as a joke, the source added.
In August 2001, Houston signed a mega-recording deal with Arista/BMG, which was monumental at the time. She agreed to do six albums over an eight-year period for a reported $100 million. The last album was released in 2009. Now, the source reveals:
She called someone to ask for $100. It is so sad. She should have Mariah Carey money, and she’s flat broke.
After a tumultuous marriage to R&B singer Bobby Brown, including allegations of physical abuse and years of drug use, the Grammy award-winning Houston has seen more bad days than good in recent years. In addition to her being ravaged by drugs, there have been reports of alcoholic binges, eating disorders, family stress, evictions, over-spending, and career stalls.
And to add to the turmoil, Houston’s much-hyped return to concert performances have shown that years of near self-destruction have taken a toll on her once-golden vocal chords as disappointed concert-goers witnessed her strugging to sing crowd-pleasing numbers.
Now, Houston will attempt to hit the screen again, playing the character of “Emma,” Jordan Sparks‘ mother, in the upcoming remake “Sparkle.” Houston has not acted since the 1996 film “The Preacher’s Wife.”
As far as the rumors about Houston’s alleged financial dire straits, her spokesperson told the UK’s Daily Mail:
That is ridiculous and not true! She stars in ‘Sparkle’ out in August, which she also exec produced. She just wrapped the film.
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Whitney Houston Is “Broke As A Joke”?
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie