Lesson Title: WISDOM’S PART IN CREATION
Printed Text: PROVERBS 8:22-35
Key Verse: Proverbs 8:33 (NIV)
Listen to my instruction and be wise; do not ignore it.
Source: Townsend Press Sunday School Commentary 2011
UNIFYING LESSON PRINCIPLE:
People appreciate wisdom and yearn for a depth of wisdom for themselves and others. What is the root of this longing for wisdom? The writer of the book of Proverbs speaks about Wisdom’s having a divine origin, being present as God created all things, and having a role with God in Creation.
Wisdom has been defined as “the ability to use the best means at the best time to accomplish the best end.” It means taking what you have and making the best use of whatever that may be. It means considering the needs of the community to bring about the greatest good for the poor and suffering persons around us.
To love wisdom is to make oneself available to be a lifelong learner. This is what it means to resist “ignoring” wisdom’s instruction. One who pursues wisdom can never assume that he or she has learned it all. Being open to learning makes wisdom more accessible—because a closed mind, like a closed mouth, is unable to receive. Wisdom, like love, becomes much more valuable when it is shared with others who are in need.
Wisdom (Greek) – This term is akin to a term that means “clear.”
Dear God, we thank You for the wisdom that gives us the power to be creative vessels of knowledge and understanding, who work together to strengthen Your church and community. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen
Also On Old School 95.5:
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie
16 photos Launch gallery
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16