THE SUNDAY SCHOOL OVERVIEW WILL FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE LESSON EACH WEEK. BIBLICAL TRANSLATIONS WILL VARY, BUT THE MAIN RESOURCE WILL BE THE TOWNSEND PRESS SUNDAY SCHOOL COMMENTARY, 91ST EDITION. THIS FEATURE IS DESIGNED TO BE OF HELP TO THOSE WHO CANNOT ATTEND THEIR LOCAL CHURCH AND/OR SUNDAY SCHOOL.
Lesson Title: THE LIVING WORD
Printed Text: John 20:1-10, 19-20
Key Verse: John 20:20 (NIV)
After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.
Source: Townsend Press Sunday School Commentary 2011
UNIFYING LESSON PRINCIPLE:
People have always wondered about what happens to our human spirits after physical death. Is there life after death? Jesus’ followers were confused when His body was missing, but when the resurrected Jesus appeared to them, they rejoiced.
Life today is much like it was during biblical times, as presented in the gospel of John. The struggles of today are nothing new; however, we should not even compare our situations to theirs. The people of that day faced far greater trials and struggles than do people inAmericatoday.
Jesus was the Messiah the people were longing for, but because of their lack of faith in His teachings, even His closest followers did not understand the significance of His death and burial, and failed to even grasp the fact of His resurrection. The story of the resurrection of Christ presented in John’s gospel is God’s way of revealing to us today that if we (through faith) can believe that Jesus is alive today, then we can also experience the dawn of a new day.
Dear God, we know that You love us and care for us even when we fail to trust Your Word. We ask that You continue to be faithful to Your Word by giving us what we need rather than what we want. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
BELIEVE – To have faith.
Also On Old School 95.5:
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie
16 photos Launch gallery
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16