THE SUNDAY SCHOOL OVERVIEW WILL FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE LESSON EACH WEEK. BIBLICAL TRANSLATIONS WILL VARY, BUT THE MAIN RESOURCE WILL BE THE TOWNSEND PRESS SUNDAY SCHOOL COMMENTARY, 91ST EDITION. THIS FEATURE IS DESIGNED TO BE OF HELP TO THOSE WHO CANNOT ATTEND THEIRLOCALCHURCHAND/OR SUNDAY SCHOOL.
Lesson Title: CLEANSING THE TEMPLE
Printed Text: John 2:13-22
Key Verse: John 2:16 (NIV)
To those who sold doves he said, ”Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father’s house into a market!”
Source: Townsend Press Sunday School Commentary 2011-2012
UNIFYING LESSON PRINCIPLE:
Many people stray from their central purpose in life and need restoration. What can help people recognize their need for restoration and re-creation? Jesus’ action in cleansing the Temple was intended to restore God’s central place in worship and in the lives of the people.
Jesus’ cleansing of the Temple is about more than that which meets the eye; it is a revelation of God’s great love for His people. The Jewish leaders misunderstood His actions and what He was saying; therefore, they could not see what God was trying to say to them. The struggles of Israel were directly connected to how they viewed the Temple and the activity that took place in the Temple. God gave them the Temple as a sign of His holiness, as a sign of His redemptive love, and as a physical sign of the covenant that He had established with them. It was there for them to come and express their love and gratitude to God through worship. As believers in Christ, we need to keep in mind that God is still holy, and still offering redemptive love, and that the new covenant is still available—all of which are made available to us through Jesus Christ. It is important that we take pride in our places of worship, and most of all, we should be careful of the type of worship that we offer to God.
Dear God, we know that Your love for us is great, and You demonstrated it by sending Your Son Jesus to die for our sins, providing the means by Jesus to die for our sins, providing the means by which we can have continual fellowship with You. Help us to never forget what You have done for us. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
TEMPLE – sacred building or the Christian believer in whom the Spirit of God dwells
Also On Old School 95.5:
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie
16 photos Launch gallery
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16