Cathy Hughes, born Catherine Elizabeth Woods in Omaha, Nebraska on April 22, 1947, is an African-American entrepreneur, radio and television personality and business executive. Hughes founded the media company Radio One and later expanded into TV One , the company went public in 1998, making Hughes the first and only African-American female to head a publicly traded corporation at the time.
- #BeyonceAlwaysOnBeat Meme Proves Beyoncé Can Dance To Anything
- Like Fine Wine: See How Lenny Kravitz & 20 Other Celebrities Defy Father Time
- T.I.’s ‘Family Hustle’ Is Back & The Kids Are All Grown Up
- That’s Dr. Ross To You: Tracee Ellis Ross Gets An Honorary Doctorate From Brown & Will Always Be BAE
- While You Were At Your Barbecue, Chris Brown Was Out Getting Into More Drama
- Louis “Thunder Thumbs” Johnson Of The Brothers Johnson, Dies at 60 [VIDEO]