Here’s a man that I admired from a far and I had the pleasure of being co-worker during my 10 year stint in New York. He became a mentor, big brother and friend. I was so honored to have him on my show on Foxy 95.5 when he visited St Louis this past November. I listened to the final minutes of this final show w/A-Plus (Hot 104.1 night jock) and both of us had watery eyes. Salute to the great Kool DJ Red Alert…….Yeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
“AS I’M ABOUT TO DO MY FINAL SHOW ON 98.7 KISS FM (10PM – 12 MIDNIGHT EST), I CALL IT THE “THANK YOU MIX”. MANY BELIEVED, ENJOYED & SUPPORTED ME DURING MY TIME ON THIS STATION, I AM GRATEFUL & HONORED TO HAVE YOU BY MY SIDE. YES I LEFT KISSFM SEVERAL TIMES TO WORK AT OTHER STATIONS (HOT 97 & POWER 105) BUT I ALWAYS RETURNED HOME WHERE I FIRST STARTED. THIS TIME THERE IS NO COMING BACK AS KISS FM COMES TO AN END. SOME MAY REMEMBER ME WHEN I FIRST STARTED UNDER AFRIKA BAMBAATAA & THE ALMIGHTY UNIVERSAL ZULU NATION, BUT KISS FM IS THE PLACE THAT BROUGHT ME OUT TO THE FOREFRONT. TO ALL STAFF MEMBERS THAT I’VE WORKED WITH AT THE STATION THROUGH THE YEARS I WANT TO THANK YOU, WE HAD GREAT TIMES. TO EVERYONE I’VE MET THROUGH OUT MY CAREER (ASSOCIATES, BUSINESS, ETC) I ALSO WANT TO THANK YOU. MOST IMPORTANTLY I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU TO THE LISTENERS WHO MAY HAVE HAD DIFFICULT & STRESSFUL TIMES, BUT STILL TUNED INTO THE RADIO TO HELP THEM GET THROUGH IT ALL, I THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO ENTERTAIN YOU.”
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Kool DJ Red Alert Last Show on 98.7 KISS FM!
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie