R&B starlet Monica is settling into her marriage with Phoenix Suns guard Shannon Brown. During an interview Monica was asked how she felt about the reality hit Basketball Wives since she actually is one. Monica says she respects the women for living their truths, but her truth isn’t like what you see on the show.
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
When Monica was promoting her latest album New Life, she sat down for an interview with HipHollywood to discuss VH1′s hit reality show. Monica said:
I respect the women on basketball wives because I think that that’s their truth. It’s not different then if you take a group of men from a post office [or] you take a group of men from FEDex [or] the music industry; rappers, actors whatever and there will be different situations that may speak to each other and and some of their situations are more similar. Mines is totally different but I respect them because they use that show as a platform to do other things that they love; they own stores, they own cosmetics, they own so many different things.
The backlash regarding Basketball Wives’negative image is starting to reach fever pitch. So with that, do you agree with Monica or are the ladies of the show making money by selling their proverbial souls? Let us know what you think.
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Monica: “My Truth Isn’t Like The Ones You See on ‘Basketball Wives’!”
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie