Lesson Title: THE GOOD SHEPHERD
Printed Text: John 10:7-18
Key Verse: John 10:4 (NIV)
When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.
Source: Townsend Press Sunday School Commentary 2011-2012
UNIFYING LESSON PRINCIPLE:
People often follow strong leaders who may or may not have their best interests at heart. How do we know which leaders have our best interests at heart? Jesus was a strong leader whom people followed and who was willing to give up His life to save them from harm.
The model of the good shepherd-leader has much to say about leaders at all levels of society, be they politicians, health care providers, supervisors, teachers, pastors or parents. JESUS IS THE GOOD SHEPHERD.
Dear Lord, as the Good Shepherd of life, thank You for the sacrifice of Your love for our salvation. May the example of Your love guide us in our actions, and decisions to love as You have loved and to give as You have given. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
Servant-leader – This term is most accurately and fully depicted in Jesus Chris, the Good Shepherd. He is fully servant in that He cares for all of the heads or the sheep, up to giving His life for them. He is fully leader in that He calls His own unto Himself
Also On Old School 95.5:
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie
16 photos Launch gallery
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16