Even though Coffer has managed to pass every other section of the state’s educational exam, the Math section has been an uphill battle for the student because of his disability. According to the 17-year-old’s mother, Linda Coffer, she has hired private tutors to try and help her son with math. “He’s taken classes that are offered by the school in summer and throughout the school year. But once he starts it, and he learns it, he can do it. But when you walk away, he forgets the steps,” the Mom lamented to Fox 5 Atlanta.
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
Still, the Fulton County Board of Education is taking a hard stance against Coffer graduating and refuses to budge. Linda even applied for a waiver, which would have enabled her son to graduate even though he failed Math. Yet again, the county Board of Ed administrators have stood their ground and voted unanimously to deny the senior student’s graduation request.
Ironically, the Department of Education has changed the law to say that all senior students must pass the Math test in order to graduate but these changes won’t take effect until the following school year which will be too late for Coffer.
Last year, there were approximately 16 percent of students who failed the Math section of the state academic tests, according to the Board of Education.
Meanwhile, Coffer is in limbo regarding his graduation fate.
“It hurts my heart because he is such a good person. And for him not to graduate and not to be able to pursue his dreams, it’s really just an injustice,” said sister Capri Coffer to Fox 5 Atlanta.
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Georgia High Schooler With Autism Denied Graduation By Board of Ed
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie