In an interview with HuffPost Black Voices, Jada Pinkett Smith revealed details about Willow Smith’s forthcoming album as well as how she and hubby Will Smith compete…or you know, don’t for the sake of their family.
With the film’s release just two weeks after the opening weekend of “Men In Black 3,” have you and Will discussed the possibility of “Madagascar” topping “Men In Black” at the box office?
Oh no, never. You have to understand what it takes for us to exist as a family. It’s like every success belongs to every single family member, because of what we do as a family to help one another and to support one another. So we’re never in competition. “Men In Black” did really fantastically well, and that’s what the summer’s about. There’s room for everybody.
As a family, are there any future plans for you all to star in a film?
We actually are. Will and I are trying to figure that out, right now. We’re talking about us all starring in a film together. Will and I are definitely planning on working together in the next year. And of course, we’re working on the “Annie” project with Willow. But we’re just producing that. And then Jaden is finishing up a film with his dad now. But, as always, there’s tons of creativity happening in the Smith family household. We’re artists to the core.
Willow and I definitely talked about doing something, but not for “Annie.” My music is like my freedom space. But Willow and I definitely talked about doing a collaboration. She really loves rock music, so she wants to come on and get crazy with me on a track. Which I would love, because she has a fantastic voice. But she has new music that’s coming out this summer and she’ll be jumping back on tour. So you can expect some new tracks coming from Willow and Jaden. And I think they’re doing a tour this summer as well.
Are the forthcoming tracks off of her debut album or just singles?
Just singles. She definitely wants to put an album out, but we’re trying to give her space to grow as an artist. Which is another reason why I adore Jay-Z, because he really understands that process. He’s so artist friendly, and he has so much love and respect for Willow. And he’s doing such a fantastic job being in partnership with us, in regards to her career and really helping her develop as an artist.
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Jada Pinkett Smith On Willow, Not Competing With Will Smith
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie