Gangsta rapper turned television cop Ice-T has never been one to shy away from controversial statements. He may have stirred up another debate with his latest statement.
The “Six In the Morning” rhymer spoke to Rolling Stone Magazine to promote his upcoming film, From Nothing To Something: The Art of Rap. While talking about the film, the writer asked ice what he thought of Nicki Minaj and her detractors. Ice gave the Young Money queen credit for being herself and charting her own path in hip-hop. Ice-t told the mag:
A good emcee will rhyme a lot of different ways. Don’t limit yourself. Maybe on this record, you’re on something a little bit different, a little house-y, and then for this one you go to DJ Premier for some real hardcore beats, or then you have that big, super, grand DJ Khaled production that’s so incredible.
You gotta learn how to change your flow so you’re not doing the same thing over and over again.
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
The Law & Order: Special Victims Unit actor went further by talking about the dilemma in hip-hop where radio DJs like Peter Rosenberg call out Nicki Minaj at Summer Jam when his own credibility can easily be called into question. Ice offered:
It’s fake. Me, I’ve always tried to stay current with my life. As my life grew, my raps grew with it. Rap is like any other art form. There will be critics.
For Rosenberg to step out and make that statement, we know people will say, “You out of pocket anyway. You a Jewish kid trying to talk about hip-hop and its realness.” He’s probably taking a sh*tstorm of hell, like, “What do you know about real hip-hop?” I know Rosenberg and he’s what you call a hip-hop head – he knows hip-hop backwards and forwards. There’s always going to be that dilemma.
Everything Ice-t said is valid. However, if people don’t like something, they can and will exercise the right to speak about it whenever they choose to. Saying how much you dislike an artist at your job’s biggest event where the person you’re dissing is the headliner isn’t the best move, but it is up the person with all the comments to accept the consequences of their statements.
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Ice-T Slams Critics For Dissing Nicki Minaj
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie