THE SUNDAY SCHOOL OVERVIEW WILL FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE LESSON EACH WEEK. BIBLICAL TRANSLATIONS WILL VARY, BUT THE MAIN RESOURCE WILL BE THE TOWNSEND PRESS SUNDAY SCHOOL COMMENTARY, 91ST EDITION. THIS FEATURE IS DESIGNED TO BE OF HELP TO THOSE WHO CANNOT ATTEND THEIRLOCALCHURCHAND/OR SUNDAY SCHOOL.
Lesson Title: THE HEART OF THE LAW
Printed Text: Deuteronomy 10:12-22; 16:18-20
Key Verse: Deuteronomy 10:12-13 (NKJV)
12 “And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, 13 and to keep the commandments of the Lord and His statutes which I command you today for your good?
Source: Townsend Press Sunday School Commentary 2011
People respond in various ways to being loved. How should someone respond when he or she is the recipient of love? As recipients of God’s love, we are expected to be fair, act justly, and love others.
The book of Deuteronomy is set within the context of Israel’s final days of wilderness wandering when they were near9ing the land promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (See Deuteronomy 1:1-5).
From the passage of study today we learn that justice did not originate in humankind, but in the very nature of God. Why are we called to love God? According to the lesson, our love for God is the response of God’s love for us (verses 14-15). When we love God, we will not only do what He says, but also we will love the people and things that matter most to Him. God is to be loved because of the greatness of His might. Once Israel entered the Promised Land, they were to appoint judges who would ensure that the laws were executed in fairness and equity.
Fear (Hebrew) – This word has in it the idea of dread, but at a deeper level it means honor, respect, astonishment, and awe.
Praise (Hebrew) – means laudation; a hymn; praising God in singing.
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Sunday School Review
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie