R&B legend R. Kelly is known for penning and singing the most outlandish lyrics in all of music. We can add the “Most Ridiculous Reason To Be Divorced” to the other superlatives he’s racked up over the years.
In the Pied Piper of R&B’s new memoir, Soulacoaster: The Diary of Me, Kelly writes about the moment he realized his marriage to dancer and Hollywood Exes cast member Andreawas over. It came after they watched the romantic drama The Notebook. R. Kelly wrote,
“As the film credits started to roll, I couldn’t move. I burst into tears. People walking past me patted me on the back, trying to console me. The Notebook was beautiful, and I was crying because its hero and heroine had died together.”
“But I was also crying because I remembered a Valentine’s Day – when a helicopter dropped a rainfall of roses – that had come and gone… My marriage had died. And there was nothing I could do to bring it back.”
Andrea Kelly had a very different reason for their marriage’s dissolution. She maintains on Hollywood Exes that she and R. Kelly divorced because she was tired of being an unknown wife. Andrea responded to R. Kelly’s version of events, saying,
“[The movie] came out in 2004 and we saw it together. Our divorce wasn’t finalized until 2009 so it’s impossible that the movie could have been the reason for our relationship ending. We had been separated for 6 years at that point! The movie definitely did not end our relationship!”
Who do you believe in the situation? R. Kelly, who may very well be trying to save face knowing Andrea stuck by him through his scandals, or Andrea, who could possibly be trying to make a living off R. Kelly’s name?
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading R. Kelly Divorced His Wife Because Of ‘The Notebook’?
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie