Lesson Title: SOLOMON JUDGES WITH WISDOM AND JUSTICE
Printed Text: 1 Kings 3:16-28; 2 Chronicles 9:8
Key Verse: 1 Kings 3:28 (NIV)
When all Israel heard the verdict the king had given, they held the king in awe, because they saw that he had wisdom from God to administer justice.
Source: Townsend Press Sunday School Commentary 2011
People need a just and wise mediator when life presents unjust situations. To whom may we go to receive justice? Because of Solomon’s relationship with God, he was able to make just and wise choices.
On the surface, it would appear that this passage would yield very little in terms of practical lessons on leadership and the practice of justice. Yet, there are three significant truths that can be gleaned from the lesson. First, leaders are sometimes faced with situations that require them to make tough decisions and choose courses of action that astound their followers. Second, justice has to be administered fairly to all people, regardless of how shady their social backgrounds may be. Third, leaders must be equipped to discern and to read between the lines, get beyond the rhetoric and emotions of a situation, and see the real facts of matters that require mature decision making and leadership that is guided by the Holy Spirit. Discernment is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Blessed heavenly Father, give us all wisdom to know the difference between right and wrong. Grant that we may hear clearly Your voice and without reservation do the things that matter most to You. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen
Wisdom – the ability to discern inner qualities and relationships, and to display understanding and knowledge.
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Sunday School Review
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie