THE SUNDAY SCHOOL OVERVIEW WILL FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE LESSON EACH WEEK. BIBLICAL TRANSLATIONS WILL VARY, BUT THE MAIN RESOURCE WILL BE THE TOWNSEND PRESS SUNDAY SCHOOL COMMENTARY, 91ST EDITION. THIS FEATURE IS DESIGNED TO BE OF HELP TO THOSE WHO CANNOT ATTEND THEIR LOCALCHURCH AND/OR SUNDAY SCHOOL.
Lesson Title: JEHOSHAPHAT MAKES JUDICIAL REFORMS
Printed Text: 2 Chronicles 19:4-11
Key Verse: 2 Chronicles 19:6 (NIV)
He told them, “Consider carefully what you do, because you are not judging for man but for the LORD, who is with you whenever you give a verdict.”
Source: Townsend Press Sunday School Commentary 2011
In today’s lesson, King Jehoshaphat was instrumental in bringing about reformation in ancient Judah and some portions of Israel. He appointed men who would execute justice for all. As you study the lesson, look for ways that you can become more attuned to instances of injustice in your community. Also, look for ways that you can become more involved in the political process of your local government. Christians must not only be concerned about the spiritual life, but must also be concerned about the institutions that govern the lives of people. Ask the Holy spirit to reveal to you ways to make the teachings of the lesson applicable to your life.
There are a number of lessons that emerge from today’s lesson. First, we learn that the number one task of spiritual leaders is to lead the people of God in the ways of the Lord. Second, there is no substitute for a fair and just legal system in any society. Finally, there is the lesson of organization and a clear division of responsibility and authority. Within many churches, there is no clear line of demarcation between responsibility and authority. Churches operate best, and with greater integrity, when they operate within clearly defined lines of responsibility and authority.
Lord God, give us the minds and wills to serve YOU in righteousness and equity. May we be committed to the kind of justice that pleases YOU and honors the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen
Corruption – defined as “evil or wicked behavior.”
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Sunday School Review
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie