THE SUNDAY SCHOOL OVERVIEW WILL FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE LESSON EACH WEEK. BIBLICAL TRANSLATIONS WILL VARY, BUT THE MAIN RESOURCE WILL BE THE TOWNSEND PRESS SUNDAY SCHOOL COMMENTARY, 91ST EDITION. THIS FEATURE IS DESIGNED TO BE OF HELP TO THOSE WHO CANNOT ATTEND THEIR LOCALCHURCH AND/OR SUNDAY SCHOOL.
Lesson Title: PRAISE FOR GOD’S JUSTICE
Printed Text: Psalm 146:1-10
Key Verse: Psalm 146:5, 7 (NIV)
5 Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord his God. 7 He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets prisoners free.
Source: Townsend Press Sunday School Commentary 2011
Psalms 145-150 are referred to as a group of psalms in praise of God and are probably intended for public worship. We are told that they are used by Jews today in daily prayers. It is noteworthy that each of these psalms begins with the words, “Praise ye the Lord” and ends with the same refrain of praise.
People appreciate receiving lasting justice. Where can we look to find unshakable justice? God is the source of steadfast justice.
The book of Psalms is one of the most important books in the Bible for increasing individual and corporate spirituality and faith. The psalms are among the diamonds and precious jewels of God’s Word. They are the remedy for the midnights of our pain and heartache. From them we learn of the everlasting love of God, who keeps us from terror during the darkest moments of life. There are many spiritual benefits in the book of Psalms. “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” Psalm 46:1. God is the one who prepares a table before us in the presence of our enemies (see Psalm 23)
Lord God, teach us how to trust You with all our hearts and souls. We rejoice that You have been a constant source of help and hope. May we learn to bless and praise You without fear. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen
Hallelujah – translated from the Hebrew word “halal.”
Praise – the highest form of personal adoration and reverence toward God.
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Sunday School Review
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie