Fans of Aaliyah around the world were outraged when news got out that Drake would be executive producing a posthumous record of the pop-star…without the assistance of her legendary team Timbaland and Missy Elliot.
But according to Miss Info, those reports may have been incorrect. A source close to the project told Miss Info that Timbaland WILL be a part of the upcoming Aaliyah album, and, as of now, is on board to produce two songs. Drake’s involvement in the album may have been inflated as well, as the source reports that, so far, he’s only on the “Enough Said,” track that was released a few days ago.
Unlike previously thought, Aaliyah’s own label, Blackground Records, released “Enough Said,” not Drake. Blackground Records is run by Aaliyah’s uncle Barry Hankerson, so obviously her family is behind the album. Noah “40″ Shebib, who produced “Enough Said,” is reportedly also on board to produced a majority of the tracks on the album.
So all you Aaliyah fans can calm down now! Although Missy Elliot wasn’t specifically named as part of the project, there’s no doubt that if Timbo is on board, than she is too. The two still work very closely together, and have reportedly just wrapped up recording a joint album together.
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading TIMBERLAND WILL BE INVOLVED IN NEW AALIYAH ALBUM!!!
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie