THE SUNDAY SCHOOL OVERVIEW WILL FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE LESSON EACH WEEK. BIBLICAL TRANSLATIONS WILL VARY, BUT THE MAIN RESOURCE WILL BE THE TOWNSEND PRESS SUNDAY SCHOOL COMMENTARY, 91ST EDITION. THIS FEATURE IS DESIGNED TO BE OF HELP TO THOSE WHO CANNOT ATTEND THEIR LOCALCHURCH AND/OR SUNDAY SCHOOL.
Lesson Title: GOD PROMISED A RIGHTEOUS LORD
Printed Text: Isaiah 9:2-7
Key Verse: Isaiah 9:6 (NIV)
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Source: Townsend Press Sunday School Commentary 2011
The prophet Isaiah has been identified as the prophet who stands at the head of “The Prophets” – that third great section of the Old Testament. Eerdman’s Handbook of the Bible states that “there is nothing to equal Isaiah’s tremendous vision of God and the glory in store for God’s people.” (See page 380)
Discouraged people look for hope. Where can we find hope? Our hope is found in the coming Messiah, who established a just and right kingdom.
The major truth of this lesson is the theme of hope. This must become the message of the church in the 21st Century. Christians believe that the one and only hope for our communities, schools, families, and churches will not be more government control; not more conferences focusing on problems without real solutions—but a demonstration of the life and message of Jesus Christ
We must make the message of hope live. Romans 12:12 reads, “Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing instant in prayer.” We worship and serve the God of all hope. Hope is the eternal expectation that God will bring a better and brighter day in the future. The message of hope is not jut another message among many voices and messages; rather, it is God’s Word to a dying world. We have the message of 2 Corinthians 5:17: “If any man be in Christ….”
Lord God almighty, grant that we may live with renewed hope. May the darkness of this world be filled by the light of Your presence manifested through us. In Jesus’ name. Amen
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Sunday School Review
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie