Jay-Z ‘Made in America’ Festival Movie: Ron Howard and Brian Grazer Team Up for Project
Jay-Z‘s Made in America festival is coming to the big screen. The Brooklyn rap star will see his musical extravaganza — taking place in Philadelphia Sept. 1 and 2 — for years to come courtesy of Oscar-winning duo Ron Howard and Brian Grazer.
The directing and producing team — they’ve collaborated on films like “Apollo 13,” “The Da Vinci Code” and “Frost/Nixon,” among others — are joining forces with Hov and Steve Stoute, who both serve as additional producers, to document the festival and its 40-plus performers.
“The festival showcases 20 pre-eminent artists that speak to the new generation,” Grazer told the New York Post. “I am producing the film with Steve Stoute and Jay. Ron is directing. It is going to be born through Jay-Z’s perspective . . . how he puts the event together.”
Grazer says the Reasonable Doubt creator’s iconic stature is just another reason for this moment in history to be brought to visual form. “Jay stayed the king for a very long time . . . I can’t even begin to explain how he is capable of remaining relevant,” he added. “He is a phenom, like a musical Michael Jordan.”Drake, Skrillex, Rick Ross, Odd Future, Janelle Monae, Pearl Jam, Run-DMC and Miike Snow are just a few of the acts scheduled to perform.
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading RON HOWARD TO DIRECT JAY-Z FILM!!!
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie