In an interview with Crunk + Disorderly, Basketball Wives star Kenya Bell reveals that she is unsure as to whether or not she will return to the forthcoming season of the popular VH1 show.
Basketball Wives really broadcasted you to the masses and got people interested in you and your music! Looking back now that time has passed since the season aired, was it all worth it?
I must admit that the first season was very difficult. The girls were very hard on me and my music. But at the end of the day people know that I have talent now and the show has opened doors for me. Believe it or not, I’ve also made some great friends on the show.
Reality TV has truly taken over the airwaves in the last few years. As an artist who used a reality show as a platform to showcase your talent, do you think it is a good way for newcomers in the music industry to get themselves out there? How has the success of the show assisted your career?
As I was contemplating whether or not to do the show someone told me that some television is better than no television. It was great advice. Reality TV is what’s hot now and it’s exciting to have been a part of this new era of television. Whether I do it again next year is up in the air.
Critics say shows like Basketball Wives give a bad rap to women, especially African American women. Do you agree with the critics and is that the reason you weren’t seen getting physically on the show?
I definitely restrained myself because I didn’t want to add to the negative stigma that had irritated so many people about the show. In Tahiti, all that went out of the window….it was going to be on & poppin’!
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Is Kenya Bell Returning To “Basketball Wives?”
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie