Despite its festive title, Salim Akil’s “Sparkle” comes to theaters shaded by sadness. We all know that this represents the last performance from Whitney Houston, who died three months after filming her role. There’s no denying that the picture’s off-screen history gives it an import it would otherwise lack. But a strong cast, empathetic direction and memorable soundtrack help create a movie that does everyone proud. Click here for more.
- St. Louis Made the "Best Cities for Foodies" List
- Malia Obama’s Summer Internship Makes Her The Envy Amongst All The ‘GIRLS’
- Little Known Black History Fact: Naomi Long Madgett
- Bill Cosby Admits To Obtaining Drugs To Give To Women For Sex
- Floyd Mayweather Has Been Stripped Of The Title He Won From Manny Pacquiao
- Williams Sisters At Wimbledon: A Look Back At The Venus & Serena Rivalry