Despite its festive title, Salim Akil’s “Sparkle” comes to theaters shaded by sadness. We all know that this represents the last performance from Whitney Houston, who died three months after filming her role. There’s no denying that the picture’s off-screen history gives it an import it would otherwise lack. But a strong cast, empathetic direction and memorable soundtrack help create a movie that does everyone proud. Click here for more.
- "SayWord" Who Got The Juice? Styles P & Jadakiss Bringing Healthy To The Hood
- 15 Year Old Girl Brutally Beaten By 26 Year Boyfriend
- Join The Old School 95.5 Text Club
- 25 Memes That’ll Make You Want To Vote For Kanye West In 2020
- ‘Survivors Remorse’ Actress Brings Natural Hair Transition To Television
- Don Lemon: Can Ben Carson Win Over Black Voters?