Despite its festive title, Salim Akil’s “Sparkle” comes to theaters shaded by sadness. We all know that this represents the last performance from Whitney Houston, who died three months after filming her role. There’s no denying that the picture’s off-screen history gives it an import it would otherwise lack. But a strong cast, empathetic direction and memorable soundtrack help create a movie that does everyone proud. Click here for more.
- "SAYWORD" THE TOM JOYNER FANTASTIC VOYAGE LINE UP- APRIL 11-19 2015
- "SayWord" TJMS- Serena Williams doing her version of Beyonce's "711"
- One Night Only: ‘Friday’ Will Return To Theaters On 4/20
- UN Reveals New York Memorial To Honor Victims Of Transatlantic Slave Trade
- Lauryn Hill’s ‘The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill’ Going into the Library of Congress
- Prince Introduces Judith Hill’s Debut Album in the Most Princely Way Possible