Despite its festive title, Salim Akil’s “Sparkle” comes to theaters shaded by sadness. We all know that this represents the last performance from Whitney Houston, who died three months after filming her role. There’s no denying that the picture’s off-screen history gives it an import it would otherwise lack. But a strong cast, empathetic direction and memorable soundtrack help create a movie that does everyone proud. Click here for more.
- Check out the amazing cover story on Gospel’s game-changer, Deitrick Haddon
- Late Night News Recap: Wendy Williams Shames Nicole Scherzinger For Wasting “Good Years” To Have Kids & More
- Join The Old School 95.5 Text Club
- What’s Happening In Hip-Pop: Naya Rivera Welcomes Baby Boy, & More
- Mazel Tov! Omarion & Apryl Jones Are Expecting A Baby Girl
- Tyrese Is Joining ‘Empire’ As Cookie’s New Bae