Despite its festive title, Salim Akil’s “Sparkle” comes to theaters shaded by sadness. We all know that this represents the last performance from Whitney Houston, who died three months after filming her role. There’s no denying that the picture’s off-screen history gives it an import it would otherwise lack. But a strong cast, empathetic direction and memorable soundtrack help create a movie that does everyone proud. Click here for more.
- [St. Louis Pre-Sale Info Inside] Festival Of Praise Gospel Tour Hits Road With Biggest Stars Ever
- #BCM: John David Washington Star of Ballers And Son Of Hollywood Royalty
- Spray On Condoms Could Be A Thing In The Near Future
- Miguel Takes A Stroll Through The Hood In His “NWA” Video
- Ferguson Man Charged With Bleeding On Cops Wins Appeal
- Prince Is Back On Spotify With A New Song, Weeks After Pulling His Music Off The Streaming Service