Despite its festive title, Salim Akil’s “Sparkle” comes to theaters shaded by sadness. We all know that this represents the last performance from Whitney Houston, who died three months after filming her role. There’s no denying that the picture’s off-screen history gives it an import it would otherwise lack. But a strong cast, empathetic direction and memorable soundtrack help create a movie that does everyone proud. Click here for more.
- "SAYWORD" THE TOM JOYNER FANTASTIC VOYAGE LINE UP- APRIL 11-19 2015
- Uganda’s “Kill The Gays” Bill Is Back, & The World Is Watching
- (VIDEO) Andrew "I've Been Delivert" Caldwell Now Says That's Not So True (via @StaciStatic)
- Bobby Brown Holds Birthday Vigil For Bobbi Kristina
- Oprah Bids Farewell To Chicago (via @StaciStatic)
- Before We Say Goodbye: A Comprehensive List Of Eric Holder’s Greatest Civil Rights Hits