Despite its festive title, Salim Akil’s “Sparkle” comes to theaters shaded by sadness. We all know that this represents the last performance from Whitney Houston, who died three months after filming her role. There’s no denying that the picture’s off-screen history gives it an import it would otherwise lack. But a strong cast, empathetic direction and memorable soundtrack help create a movie that does everyone proud. Click here for more.
- Mo’Nique Proves Lee Daniels Lied About ‘Empire’ Role
- #FantasticMoment: The Crowd Loves ‘Step In the Name of Love’ [VIDEO]
- 7-Year-Old Young Girl Turns Her Dislike for Natural Hair into 16K
- Boy Captures Mother & Girlfriend Fighting In Front Of His House By Using Selfie Stick
- Kimora Lee Simmons Instagrams Her First Pic Of Baby Boy Wolfe!
- You Are The Mother: Sherri Shepherd Loses Maternity Battle With Lamar Sally