Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
Though, she had not buckled up in years because the size of her girth would not allow her to do so. Instead of being angry at the officer who gave her the summons, she wanted to find and thank him for saving her life.Colantonio says the summons was a wake up call for her and a grand motivator that inspired her to lose 200 pounds, reports WBTV.
Colantonio had been driving home from school on that fateful day. “I saw the blue lights behind me and I pretty much knew what the ticket was going to be for,” she told WBTV. The officer, Trooper Mark Amos, whom she says was respectful, never once inferred that she needed to lose weight. However, when handed the ticket, Colantonio stared at it and it was as if she envisioned the following warnings affixed to it: eat healthy, lose weight, exercise and try to lead a healthy lifestyle.
“I’m sure there’s a lot of things that led up to that point, but that ticket was like reality in my face,” the young woman said. “And I don’t know if I would have done it as quickly if I didn’t get the ticket.”
WBTV helped Colantonio find the trooper who told the TV station that her situation ” happens a lot with South Carolina’s obesity rate. Hopefully she’s going to set a prime example (for) what you can do and how you can better yourself.”
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic