THE SUNDAY SCHOOL OVERVIEW WILL FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE LESSON EACH WEEK. BIBLICAL TRANSLATIONS WILL VARY, BUT THE MAIN RESOURCE WILL BE THE TOWNSEND PRESS SUNDAY SCHOOL COMMENTARY, 92nd EDITION. THIS FEATURE IS DESIGNED TO BE OF HELP TO THOSE WHO CANNOT ATTEND THEIR LOCALCHURCH AND/OR SUNDAY SCHOOL.
Now FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Source: Townsend Press Sunday School Commentary 2012-2013
Because of all the conflicts in the world, people may lose hope for positive change. What prompts people to hope for positive change? By believing in God’s strength, and the writers of the books of Psalms and Hebrews, we can be rescued and change can take place because God is with us; Jesus assures us that God will be with us—if we trust as children do.
The words of Psalm 46 contain some of the most inspirational words found anywhere. They are words that are capable of lifting dispirited and disheartened men and women from the crater of certain defeat by instilling within them the added courage to face the challenges that confront them. Whenever men and women from across the centuries have needed a word of strength and fresh hope, they have found them in these words: “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” God granted them that dynamic zeal to press on in spite of the obstacles that were in their way. Christians found in the life and teachings of Jesus Christ the model of one who trusted God in spite of the situation. We, too, are invited to put all of our confidence and hope in Him. Why? Because God continues to be our refuge and strength.
Lord God, grant Your servants the spirit of courage, so that we may face and endure whatever trials may come our way. Increase our faith so that we can live as boldly in the world as the great heroes of the Bible. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen
Strength – “might or power.” It denotes having the capacity to prevail against every foe or challenge.
Selah – a technical musical term that denotes a pause or interruption to what is being played or sung.
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Sunday School Review
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie