Happy Birthday to the World’s Greatest EntertainerDoug E. Fresh! The Harlem-born hip-hop legend celebrated in style yesterday during the 43rd Annual African-American Day Parade.
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
The man behind classics like “The Show” greeted a crowd in front of his restaurant, Doug E.’s Fresh Chicken & Waffles, as DJ’s Hollywood and Lovebug Starski helped keep the beat. Fresh’s restaurant partnered with fellow Harlemite Larry Scott Blackmon, Jr. (son of Cameo’s Larry Scott Blackmon) and the Harlem Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. to register voters during the parade.
“Make sure you vote for Obama,” Doug E. yelled into the crowd. “If you gonna vote for Obama let me hear you make some noise!”
After wishing him a Happy Birthday Doug E. broke into Cali Swag Districts homage, “Teach Me How To Dougie,” and awarded two dancers in the audience with free food.
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Doug E. Fresh Gives Out Birthday Waffles At Harlem Parade [VIDEO]
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie