Most rappers are known for having a penchant for taking tokes of the marijuana smoke. One upscale New York City eatery is being sued by four former employees because of their relaxed views on weed.
According to legal documents, Philippe Chow‘s Philippe is known as one of the best Chinese restaurants in the city. They’ve served guests including Rihanna, Kanye West, and Jay-Z. Celebrities love the spot for the cuisine and their private basement dining area. The employees suing the restaurant say the owners of the establishment constantly allow rappers to light up whenever they eat in the basement “which exposed them to smoke from a harmful and illegal substance.”
One employee alleged the owners of Philippe fired him after he made a complaint about not being able to breathe while serving high-end patrons in the basement. He also cited the fact he made a grievance about going home to his wife and child smelling of the herbal medicine. The other employees claim they saw a severe reduction of shifts because they joined a separate lawsuit where they claimed they weren’t being tipped out properly and weren’t being paid for working overtime. All four of the plaintiffs are suing for unspecified damages.
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading NYC Restaurant Sued For Allowing Rappers To Smoke Weed
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie