Through all of the prevarications and posturing, there is one thing that remains true of GOP presidential hopeful, Mitt Romney. He has no problem changing positions as quickly and often as Bain Capital shuts down companies.
His latest revisionist exploration into “He must think we’re stupid” territory, finds Mittens trying to fix the fall-out from his Billionaire Boy comments that have been put on blast after video from a closed fundraiser were leaked to the press. As previously reported by NewsOne, Romney said that it’s not his job to care about the 47% of Americans who dare to feel entitled to things such as food, housing and healthcare because “those people” are victims who will undoubtedly vote for President Barack Obama:
After doubling down on the comments all over conservative media, only claiming that he could have worded his elitist philosophy a bit more “elegantly,” he now claims that he is, in fact, the victim of a non-story:
“The question of this campaign is not who cares about the poor and middle class. I do, he does,” Romney said. “The question is who can help the poor and middle class. I can [President Obama] couldn’t in four years.”
Right. So, now we’re to believe that giving a damn about people is not a pre-requisite to determining the quality of “help” you will offer them. We’re now supposed to believe that Romney actually does care about helping the 47%, the same 47% who were victimologists a few months ago? Not only that, he cares about people living in poverty just as much as Obama, even though he knows they won’t vote for him.
If there is a lesson to be learned here, it is that Romney will say and do anything to be President of the United States, regardless of how much of a dancing bear it makes him look. As Governor Deval Patrick(D-MA) said of Romney at the Democratic National Convention:
“Mitt Romney talks a lot about all the things he’s fixed,” Patrick said. “I can tell you Massachusetts was not one of them. He’s a fine fellow and a great salesman, but as governor he was a lot more interested in having the job than doing the job.”
If his blatant shows of ambition prove anything, it is that history is obviously repeating itself.
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Mittens Flip-Flops Again: “I Care About The Poor” [VIDEO]
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie