Wyclef Jean peddling his new book, Promise, and as a result has scored numerous headlines over quips that during his affair with Lauryn Hill he had fears that her first child was his. You know, until he saw the complexion of the child and realized he was in the clear. It’s an, uh, interesting story, though the actual father of the kid is denouncing Wyclef’s charges.
Speaking with TMZ, Rohan Marley explained that ‘Clef “knew from jump that was my son from the day [Lauryn] was pregnant.”
Rohan — one of Bob Marley‘s sons, and a former football stud at U. of Miami — does admit Lauryn and Wyclef screwed around before he came on the scene, but says he’s confident it ended because Wyclef actually played matchmaker … “They were definitely not messing around, or he would never have given me the okay.”
He also says he and Lauryn were together in studio sessions night and day back then so there wouldn’t even be time for her to have the alleged affair.
Rohan added he thinks Wyclef is “just saying false things to get book headlines” — and he has no plans to talk it out with ‘Clef because “he knows he is fronting himself.
For his part, Wyclef tells TMZ, “There is no way that I would have shown up in the hospital in that circumstance to wait for a baby to be born if it was not mine. The idea of a memoir is to tell the truth. I know that often the truth hurts, but a lie hurts even more.”
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Rohan Marley Doesn’t Believe Wyclef’s Story About Lauryn Hill
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie