To those of you who believe that you can come up off false claims that Chaka Khan, Gladys Knight, or Smokey Robinson are your cousins, let the scam artists who tried to play Stevie Wonder: You might find yourself soul clapped right into a jail cell.
Alpha Lorenzo Walker, 38, and his girlfriend, Tamara Eileen Diaz, also 38, had been charged with attempted extortion. The two were accused of hitting their not Uncle Stevie up, saying they’d sell nasty stories about him to the press if he didn’t fork over a nice amount of change. Stevie called the po-po and well, it didn’t turn out so well for those two.
Alpha was sentenced to 292 days in jail after pleading no contest to the charge, but like Diaz, has been subsequently released for time served. They are not completely done with the case, though.
According to Wonder’s attorney, William Joseph Briggs II, Walker met him at a Century City-area coffee shop and showed him video footage that supposedly depicted conditions at the vacant former home of Wonder’s deceased mother.
Unless he was paid the $5 million, Walker warned that the singer would be “extremely” embarrassed by the tape’s release, Briggs said. During the coffeehouse meeting, Briggs noticed that Diaz was nearby watching.
Briggs said he later told Walker that Wonder was outraged by the demand and Walker then lowered his demand to $500,000, with a confidentiality statement signed by the pair when $10,000 was paid upfront.
In addition to the jail sentence, Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge William C. Ryan also ordered Walker to attend twice-weekly mental health counseling while on probation.
Diaz must complete 78 Narcotics Anonymous classes and was placed on three years formal probation.
The pair was also ordered to stay away from Wonder, his family and co-workers while on probation, according to prosecutor Frances Young of the district attorney’s Target Crimes Division.
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Couple That Tried To Extort Stevie Wonder Sentenced
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie