Chris Tucker sat down with Vulture and discussed whether or not he’ll be participating in sequels to Rush Hour and Friday. Yes, and, no, basically, and he’s laughing at much of what’s floating around the Web.
Why haven’t you done a non-Rush Hour film in the last fifteen years?
It’s not that often you get a good role with a great director, and that’s the main reason I did this, because I knew David O. Russell was a great director, a smart director, and I thought it would be fun to learn from him. Three Kings and The Fighter had great music in them, too, and I thought they were directed so well. But it’s mainly about the script. I’ve been looking for a good script with something different — I didn’t want to do the same thing — and nothing really grabbed me until this.
There’s talk of a Rush Hour 4, and a Friday 4. Are you aboard for either?
Rush Hour 4, we’re looking into it, me and Jackie [Chan]. We’re trying to get it going, so we’re developing something, so hopefully we’ll get something in.
Rush Hour producer Andrew Sarkissian thought a twist could be for Jackie to marry your character’s cousin, and he suggested the cousin could be played by Octavia Spencer.
Yeah! I heard that. I don’t know what he’s talking about. [Laughs] We really want to take it back to the first one, the realness of it, and explore my character a bit more. Everyone wants to do sequels, though. The rumor got out there that I’m doing Friday 4, but the Internet — they lying! It’s kind of crazy. My fans are so hyped up about it and I didn’t want to let them down, so at one point I said, “We’ll see,” but I’m pretty sure now I won’t do another one. I’m still fascinated that they love that movie the way they do, and if they do another one, I think it would be good, but I want to do some different stuff. Keep moving.
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Chris Tucker On “Friday” and “Rush Hour” Sequels
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie