While Beyoncé simultaneously changes Blue Ivy Carter’s diapers and cooks up new music in the studio, she still has some unfinished business to pertain to as it relates to her now botched video game deal for Starpower: Beyoncé. My lord and gyrator tried to diffuse a lawsuit from Gate Five who say they want “the hundreds of millions of dollars in profits that Gate Five could have realized if she had honored the Agreement.” She lost once earlier this year to get rid of the suit and has reportedly lost once again.
Last April, a judge denied Beyoncé’s motion for summary judgment, which was premised on the belief that she had a right to cancel the video game contract because Gate Five hadn’t obtained a necessary $5 million financing commitment.
On Thursday, after Beyoncé asked for a second opinion, a New York appellate court affirmed the lower court’s order.
According to Gate Five, it had developed a technology that was better than the motion-driven video games on the market, that would track a far wider range of body movements than
Nintendo’s Wii, and the game technology was presented to representatives for top-selling artists including Lady Gaga and the Black Eyed Peas, who purportedly expressed interest.
Ultimately, the company signed a deal with Beyoncé, but the contract had a termination clause requiring certain financing by a certain date or else the singer could back out.
Gate Five alleges that it spent $6.7 million on the game and had a financier lined up to provide $19.2 million in financing when Beyoncéexercised her termination rights.
Before she did, Gate Five says Beyoncé demanded a new compensation package. During the
course of litigation, the video game company began investigating whether Beyoncé terminated so as to sign a deal with another video game company such as Ubisoft or Electronic Arts.
As a lifelong member of the Beyhive, I don’t believe in suing Beyoncé even if a highly common practice.
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Beyoncé’s Video Game Lawsuit Will Go On
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie