THE SUNDAY SCHOOL OVERVIEW WILL FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE LESSON EACH WEEK. BIBLICAL TRANSLATIONS WILL VARY, BUT THE MAIN RESOURCE WILL BE THE TOWNSEND PRESS SUNDAY SCHOOL COMMENTARY, 92nd EDITION. THIS FEATURE IS DESIGNED TO BE OF HELP TO THOSE WHO CANNOT ATTEND THEIR LOCALCHURCH AND/OR SUNDAY SCHOOL.
Lesson Title: PAUL MINISTERS IN MALTA
Faith Pathway/Faith Journey Topic: HELPING ONE ANOTHER
Printed Text: Acts 28:1-10 (NIV)
Key Verse: Acts 28:8 (NIV)
His father was sick in bed, suffering from fever and dysentery. Paul went in to see him and, after prayer, placed his hands on him and healed him.
Source: Townsend Press Sunday School Commentary 2012-2013
Often we can tell something about the character of people by observing how they respond to difficult situations. What conclusions might others draw from observing our actions? The people of Malta recognized something extraordinary about Paul—because through his faith in Christ a man was healed.
One of the most important truths that emerge from this period in Paul’s life is the reality of God’s promise of protection and provision. God’s will was going to be accomplished in Paul’s life, and although they had run into a period of extreme conditions, they were not the terminus of the apostle’s life—just a short detour on the journey. Believers can always be encouraged and take heart in knowing that God’s plan for our lives will come to pass. We can do all things through Him that strengthens us and empowers us to overcome the most challenging circumstances (see Philippians 4:13). Finally, there are times in life when we will find the most unusual blessings in the most unlikely places. Who would have ever thought Paul would experience such warmth and hospitality in the latter days of his life after enduring such a life-threatening time at sea! Rather than Paul enduring harsh treatment on his journey, God opened the hearts and doors of people to treat him with kindness. It is true that we reap what we sow—in this life and in the life to come.
Heavenly Father, help us to so love others that we will always be moved to practice the ministry of hospitality and kindness. Grant that Your servants will never grow weary of doing good to others. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Sunday School Review
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie