Circuit Court Judge Tim Boyle told Corey Curtis (pictured above) at his sentencing on Monday for bail jumping and failure to pay child support that he most keep it in his pants as a condition of his three-year probation term. Curtis owes more than $90,000 in child support to the six mothers of his children. Boyle ruled that he will have to pay all of his child support before he can have child number ten. (As if he actually needs a tenth)
“It’s too bad the court doesn’t have the authority to sterilize,” said Judge Boyle. “Common sense dictates you shouldn’t have kids you can’t afford.”
According to WDAF-TV in Kansas City, Mo., “the Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled in 2001 that courts have the ability to put conditions regarding procreation in a probation sentence.” It is not clear what the punishment would be if Curtis popped out another kid. It may likely result in a jail sentence.
Over the past 11 years, Curtis has been arrested numerous times for failure to pay child support. His convictions include passing bad checks, criminal damage, and burglary.
Perhaps the most serial baby maker is Desmond Hatchett of Tennessee. Hetchett, 33, asked a Tenn. court to ease his payments because he was struggling to survive off his minimum wage job. Some of his mothers get as little as $1.49 per month in child support.
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
Here is a little background on deadbeat dads:
As previously reported by Newsone, data from a 2009 Census report (the last date that statistics are available), “About half (46.8 percent) of parents owed child support in 2007 received the full amount, while nearly one-third (29.5 percent) received only a portion of the total due and about one-quarter (23.7 percent) received none of the child support they were owed.”
Of this number, Black children receiving TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), through their custodial parents was dramatically higher than other ethnic groups: “Among white, non-Hispanic children in families, 22.4 percent lived with a custodial parent. The proportion of Black children in families with a custodial parent was 48.2 percent. Among children of other races, including American Indians and Alaska Natives, and Asians and Pacific Islanders, 16.1 percent lived in a custodial-parent family. Approximately one-quarter (25.4 percent) of Hispanic children lived with a custodial parent.”
Unfortunately, unlike Wisconsin, a judge cannot order Hatchett to stop making babies. But they can keep him in jail–or court–until he mans up and pays all of the mothers of his children.
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Judge To ‘Father’ Of 9 Kids With 6 Different Mothers: Stop Having Babies…Or Else!
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie