Grammy award-winning blues singer Etta James has been hospitalized in Southern California for sepsis resulting from a urinary tract infection. The 72-year-old musician has been at a Riverside hospital for a week. Her son, Donota James, reports that just prior to the hospitalization, she was in a treatment center for other health problems, including a painkiller addiction.
Los Angeles-based celebrity news columnist Ministry Of Gossip reports that the legendary singer “has struggled in the past with drugs, including an addition to heroin that led to a stint in rehab in 1974. She also had gastric bypass surgery in 2003 and lost 200 pounds.”
According to online medical source MedLinePlus, sepsis is a life-threatening illness during which a person’s bloodstream is overwhelmed with bacteria. Older people and children with compromised immune systems are at greater risk for this condition.
The four-time Grammy Award winner just celebrated her 72nd birthday on January 25th. She is an inductee at the Grammy Hall of Fame, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Blues Hall of Fame, and is most well-known for her 1960 song “At Last.” In 2009, after the pop singer Beyonce performed James’ legendary song at President Obama‘s inaugural ball, James made headlines by harshly criticizing Beyonce and the president. At the time her son told the media that James’ behavior is possibly related to Alzheimer’s disease.
1. @_raiiney helping me put the sausage veggie medley into the processor earlier today for the @tylerflorence stuffing/spatchcock turkey! #success …
1 of 16
2. Orange Glazed Chicken Wings… First test. #hometestkitchen #theseasonedlife
2 of 16
3. Jerk turkey w mashed nutmeg squash. Sweet and savory! #theseasonedlife … (Side note: the portions are small because they’re tasting plates, eating all day LOL) 🐷💛💛💛
3 of 16
4. Done! Black pepper beef and broccoli, curry fried rice, honey shrimp and chicken lettuce wraps…. #homemade #theseasonedlife no takeout, takeout.
4 of 16
5. Made these insane porterhouse steaks with shallot and garlic. #theseasonedlife
5 of 16
6. Celebrating the oscars and my first go round as a judge on #grocerygames by using my Parmesan wheel @wholefoods gifted me!!! Pasta Carbonara w scratch made pasta!!!! (Tune in at 8pm west coast!!! On @foodnetwork )
6 of 16
7. Dinner is in full effect… Seafood pasta on its way.
7 of 16
8. Done! 😋😋😋
8 of 16
9. Perfectly southern with a little Cali flare!!! Topped my porchetta biscuit sandwich with a fried egg, red pepper jam, crystal hot sauce mayo and a drizzle of honey! Ahhhhhhhhhhh
9 of 16
10. Successful test day! They’re sweet, Super sticky and tender. Thanks for tasting @princessmom2363 !!! 😊😊😍
10 of 16
11. #theseasonedlife sweet chili shrimp with jicama, Serrano and a whole lot of love. Quick 10 minute dish. No #iceberg or #butterlettuce at the grocery store! What great travesty. 😂😂🤓
11 of 16
12. Before the roasting began! @amandahaascooks thank you so much for making our Christmas wishes come true alongside @williamssonoma #primerib
12 of 16
13. My pea soup with Kerrygold herb butter seared scallops!!!! #christmas2015 #theseasonedlife
13 of 16
14. My Lobster Salad w Spicy Serrano Avocado dressing! #FTW I think this one will more than pass for the cookbook! Sooo much flavor! In a salad at that!
14 of 16
15. Pillows of warm toasty mallow, pecans and brown sugar. Sweet potato casserole. #classic
15 of 16
16. Banana bread … Again! 🍌🍌🍌
16 of 16
Continue reading Etta James’ Seriously Ill
Chef Curry: Every Time Ayesha Curry Was The Ultimate IG Foodie